Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today marks my three year anniversary of living in LA. It's hard to believe it's been that long. But it may be even harder to believe that I feel totally at home here. I'm not saying that I want to live here forever, because I don't, but somehow LA is home for now. Shana and I have a 5 year plan and I'm not even sure I'll make it 5 years here. This year has been filled with ups and downs much like every year. But I'd have to say that the good has outweighed the bad. I got to visit my sister in North Carolina; take several trips with friends to Pismo Beach, Palm Springs, San Francisco; attend my first Indian wedding, go to Disneyland for the first time in years, find a job...twice, try sushi for the first time, get my first pedicure, cut 10 inches off my hair, make some great new friends, attend a bachelorette party on the Queen Mary, attend several cousins' weddings, spend the 4th of July in the Huntington Beach brothel aka Heidi's apartment, finish my first crocheted patchwork quilt, get my picture in the Deseret News, go rock climbing outdoors for the first time, weave a May pole, make waffle cones and ice cream with my very own waffle cone maker and ice cream maker, and so much more. Here's to year three. On to year four!




















No comments: