Monday, June 14, 2010

Camping

This past weekend I went on a camping trip with the Santa Monica and Glendale wards. Heather, Shana and I drove up to Malibu after work on Friday to meet up at the campground. We set up camp. Friday night we hung out around the campfire and then headed off for a midnight hike and to go geocaching. We found one of the two that we looked for. It took some hiking through many bushes and tall grass, but it was fun. Then we came back and 11 of us played cards in one of the tents. Saturday morning I woke up with the sun. The Hobitat was a great tent for us...spacious, ventilated, kept the bugs out. I'm happy with my purchase. Then we headed off for a hike and rock climbing. It was the first time I'd ever climbed outside and I didn't make it up all that far. But it was fun. When everyone was done climbing we headed off to the beach to meet up with the rest of the group. Too bad it was June gloomy and not very warm. I ended up taking a nap on the beach in jeans and a sweatshirt. Could have been a better beach day, but it was still a fun camping trip.




2 comments:

Deanna said...

ahhh...camping. It's been too long for me
xoxoxo

Chelsea said...

so fun! We do need to see each other! YOu free for lunch sometime?