Friday, September 10, 2010

Birthdays

Last weekend all but 3 of the Evans side of the family got together to celebrate Grandma's 85th birthday. It was a three or four day celebration. Friday night we all went to Farrell's down in Mission Viejo. David got the Volcano and ended up eating the whole thing plus his free ice cream sundae because it was his birthday. Aaron needed a little help making a pig out of himself by eating The Trough. But Steven was willing to help him out.

Saturday we all got together at Mike and Laurel's for a pool and pizza party. It was wonderfully hot and the pool felt great. I could have stayed out there on my little inflated raft forever, but managed to not get sunburned while being there. I caught a few minutes of college football between the pool and getting ready for the true birthday celebration. We all met up at Mimi's for dinner.
There were 27 of us there and it was a real party.

Only Catherine, Romney and Thomas were missing. After dinner we went back to the grandparent's house and did out "program". What Evans celebration would be complete without a program? or dessert?

Sunday was David's actual birthday and the Oregon part of my family flew home that morning. Sunday afternoon/evening we one of my favorite parts of family get togethers...hanging out around the dinner table and talking. Carolyn and I left to come up to LA that night.
Monday was Grandma's actual birthday. So Carolyn and I celebrated it by walking around the Promenade and Santa Monica Beach in the morning. Then we hit up LACMA and the La Brea Tar Pits in the afternoon.
Somehow during that day I did something to my foot and it's been sore since then. Not sure what I did but some seem to think it was from wearing flip flops all day. I guess we'll never know. But I sure hope it goes away soon. I actually wanted to come home and work out today, probably due to immense stress from figuring out my schedule at work for 2 hours today. And on that note, it's gonna be a horribly busy school year for me. Way too many kids to see. Hopefully I'll manage to stay sane, but if I don't you'll know what happened.

No comments: