Monday, August 9, 2010

Hello Goodbye

Red Velvet recently hit 80,000 miles and with that came a not completely unexpected set of problems. One night after tap class I went out to my car and it wouldn't start. After several phone conversations, some starter fluid, AAA guy banging on the gas tank it finally started. All was good until Friday night about midnight when it wouldn't start again. By that point I basically knew it was the fuel pump and wasn't all too happy. But since I was stressed enough with work and life at the moment I just couldn't add buying a new car into the mix. So I got the fuel pump replaced and had basically decided that I would just keep driving her until something else major went wrong. Well that next week when I was at the Keane concert I opened the trunk to get some blankets out and it wouldn't shut. This had happened before about a year ago and I had to get the trunk welded back together. So that was the last straw, Red Velvet had to go.

So the past few weeks I have been crazy busy at work, coming home and researching cars, test driving cars on the weekend. Finally it all paid off and I found my newest big ticket item, Martini, the 2009 Corolla. I don't usually name cars this quickly but while Jessica and I were sitting at the dealership the name just came. Some how we went from Red Velvet to Grey Goose Martini and the name just stuck. And since my Dad was running a crazy relay race the weekend I got my car I ended up doing the whole thing on my own (with Jessica's help).



So now I don't have to worry about if he's going to start, if the trunk is going to close, if there are any weird noises, or if the Velcro on the glove compartment is going to hold. It was a bittersweet goodbye to Red Velvet when I left her at the dealership, but I must say that I definitely moved up in the car world.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

yay for corollas! Nice to have a new car, even if you weren't planning on getting it!

Chelsea said...

Congrats on the new car!