Sunday, October 17, 2010


A couple of weeks ago I had the most unfortunate experience of participating in Thursday. Thursday turned out to be everything a day should not be. It is not yet Friday but you're so tired of the week that you wish it was. Work had actually been pretty good that week and I was feeling like things were going well. My last kid of the day has some feeding difficulties and so we're working on eating. I thought I was doing really well as she had eaten about 4 bite-sized pieces of chicken and was still eating more. Then all my hard work literally came back up. I'm not sure which is more disturbing, being puked on or it really not phasing me.
So after cleaning up and finishing up with her I got to come home. I walked in to the kitchen to see a note from Heather saying that she'd moved most of her stuff out and would be back some time to get the rest of it. She had told us the day before that she was moving next month, so it was a little bit of a surprise that she was gone. More stress ensues knowing that we'll have to find someone else to move in. And someone preferably not crazy, has a job, not an actress, is LDS and goes to church. So if you know of anyone looking for a place, we're still looking.
Then I look in the mail pile and pull out my credit card statement. As I start looking through it I notice about 20 entries for over $1000.00 in gas. Somehow I don't think I can use $1000 dollars in gas in one month or even in 6 months. So more stress. Called the credit card company who was very kind and said all the disputed charges would be removed and I would not have to worry about them. By this time Thursday had really taken a turn for the worst.
Thankfully Ali called and we decided that the best fix for Thursday was Yogurtland, which fixes everything. So after a wonderful heap of mango frozen yogurt and a couple of hours talking with Ali I decided to continue on to Friday and hope it all goes up from there.
So far my little throwing up girl has yet to throw up on me again and I've managed to get more food down her each time I've seen her! The housing situation is still up in the air, unfortunately. Police report made, new credit card number and all the charges removed has kind of taken care of that mess. And luckily Thursday hasn't been such a beast for the past two weeks.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Such a crazy life! Did you find out HOW your credit card number was stolen?