Monday, September 14, 2009

Memories

I had a flood of memories as I got in my car after church on Sunday. I was on my way to Orange County to celebrate September birthdays with the Evans side of the family. I had brought an apple with me to church and left it in the car so I would have something eat on the way. I bit into the apple and was carried back to the backyard in Challenge, CA where I grew up. We had dozens of apple trees and on any given late summer/early fall day I probably ate several apples picked right off the tree. This apple tasted exactly like one picked fresh off the tree. It amazes me the power that taste or smell can have in bringing back memories. Those were the good old days of romping around the forest as a child without any cares in the world. I wouldn't trade those days for anything.

1 comment:

Carolyn E said...

Oh the memories...those were the good old days. Sometimes I miss all those apple trees. I wish I could just pick apples instead of buying them at the store.