Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chivalry

I know it's been almost a month since I've posted on here and I promise there's stuff I could write, but time to write has been lacking lately. But I had some thoughts while on the bus on the way home from work today (it's actually a good place to think). I got on the bus and it was rather crowded as it usually is at 5:00ish any day. This nice guy probably about 19-20 was sitting down and as I stood next to him he looked up and asked if I wanted his seat. My first reaction was to say no don't worry about it. But then I accepted. I've decided that at times we think chivalry is dead because we as women don't allow it. But really I'm not less of a person because I decided to sit down in a seat that was offered, or let my friend open the door for me or anything else like that. So I learned my lesson that I need to allow myself to accept the niceties other people offer to me.

No comments: