Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's been a year!

It's officially been one year since I moved to LA (well actually a little bit more than a year now but it took me a few days to put this up). But a year ago on Father's Day weekend I moved to Los Angeles to start what has been quite an adventure of a year. I've now been in school for a year and am half way through my masters program in occupational therapy. School has been quite a learning experience. I'm not quite sure what I expected grad school to be like but this definitely wasn't it. All in all it has been a good year though. I have made some wonderful friends at school and at church. It has been a year of long classes, lots of tests, group projects, and way too much school. But it has also been quite a fun year too. When I moved here I didn't know what I got myself into. I remember driving home on Father's Day last year from my Aunt and Uncle's house out in Redlands. I was dreading going to school the next day partly because I wasn't quite ready to start school again and partly because I didn't even know how to get there. But as I got off the Overland exit of the 10 freeway I was again reminded that I had made the right choice and was supposed to be. As I got off the freeway and turned toward my house the Los Angeles temple was all lit up and really stood out. It brought me the comfort that I needed to know that even though I didn't know where school was or even a grocery store that I could make it through this new adventure. And now a year later I am making it through just fine. But I still love to come home at night and see the temple there reminding me that I made the right choice to come here.
As I start year two in LA I'm sure I will have quite an adventure ahead of me because the last year has been one. But I am looking forward to the next year of fun.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That photo is gorgeous. I can't believe you've only been here for a year.