Monday, February 20, 2012

2012 Garden

For Christmas my parents gave me some gardening bags that are supposed to be used on a deck or porch. Hopefully they will work better than the pots I've been using for the past few years because my gardens haven't been the biggest success story. Today I went out and bought some dirt to put into the gardening bags. It seems pretty weird to me that I have to go and buy dirt in order to plant a garden. But I guess that's the city life. I planted some cucumbers, peas, lettuce, broccoli and started some tomato and zucchini seeds. I also finally planted the Plumeria bush that my friend Shana brought back from Hawaii for me in October. For now at least the bags add some color to the porch. I have a few more bags to fill but underestimated how much dirt was actually required to fill them so have to get back to Anawalt to get more dirt.

Good luck 2012 garden!

No comments: