Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Catch up

I feel like I'm usually playing catch up on my blog. Somehow I just never manage to write things as they happen and then it slips my mind. But it's been an eventful last 6 weeks or so. I guess you'll get the quick version. We had our annual Greenfield Christmas party the first weekend in December. It was a success as always. We made hundreds of sugar cookies and had people decorating them in the kitchen and then we had a Christmas ornament making table in the living room.


Shana decorating her cookies.

All the Greenfield Girls

Sara couldn't stay away and decided to come back for the party. She ended up staying 20 days instead of 4. I guess we're pretty persuasive.

Our real Christmas tree. Love the smell.

Hundreds of cookies. Yes we had leftovers.

We had a ward activity down on Balboa Island at a beach house down there. It was lots of fun to look at the lights and walk around while peaking into everyone's houses because the USC vs. UCLA game was on.

It was Southern California freezing so we were all bundled up.

I got to go home for 10 days for Christmas. One of the perks of working at a school. We had great weather for the first 4 days (no rain) and then it still wasn't bad the rest of the time. We even got a little bit of snow. We made our usual gingerbread houses and went Christmas caroling. I also got to go to dinner with some old friends from high school. It was great to see them.




No comments: